Samsung refrigerators are one of the top-selling fridges in the world today. Why not? They’re built to be sleek and spacious and provide the best technology features, plus ENERGY STAR certified. Models with high-end features can be expensive, but a lot of our customers think that convenience is worth the extra cost.
However, it’s not perfect, and Samsung refrigerators can encounter problems in years of use. A few of our customers in Mississauga mentioned the 33E error code. Such issues are error codes. It can be worrisome to see numbers, letters, and lines blinking on your refrigerator’s screen. Don’t worry. These are error codes. Today’s article will help you decipher these codes and make sure your fridge gets the repair needed.
How do I perform a diagnostic on my Samsung refrigerator?
- Press and hold the top left and top right buttons on display simultaneously for 8-10 sec until you hear a chime sound and your screen flashes
- If there is an error, a code will be displayed on your refrigerator’s screen.
- If there is more than one error code, the display will present the codes alternately.
- Your ref may beep or chime because of the errors. This will stop after 30 seconds.
Unless advised, never unplug your refrigerator or attempt any efforts to make the error code disappear. Doing this will cause more harm to your refrigerator and will make it difficult for the repairman to diagnose and fix the issue.
What does 33 E mean on a Samsung refrigerator?
It means the ice pipe heater failed. You can try to clear this error code to confirm. Simply press and hold the upper left and upper right buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds and wait for the dispenser to restart and run diagnostics. If the error code is still displayed, it means that your fill tube heater for the ice maker is failing and needs replacement. This is the heater that prevents the fill tube from freezing completely when producing ice.
How do I reset my Samsung refrigerator?
- To be safe, refer to your refrigerator’s manual on how to reset it. If you cannot find your manual, you can do the following:
- Hold the power cool and power cool buttons simultaneously.
- If an error code is displayed, you can search online for what it means. You can report this information to one of our licensed repairmen.
- As a last resort, you can turn off your fridge and unplug. And wait for the technician to arrive.
Keep Your Fridge in Good Condition
Depending on the refrigerator type, its lifespan can vary from 13-20 years if properly taken care of. Spending a few minutes regularly to perform a couple of easy maintenance tasks can help your fridge run efficiently, save energy costs, and avoid expensive repairs. Before we end this article, here are a few tips you can do to keep your fridge in tip-top shape.
Clean The Coils – Just vacuum or brush under and over the coils, removing dust as you go. Clean its condenser fan, too. Coils should be cleaned once or twice a year, and more regularly if you own pets that shed fur.
Regulate Temperature – Your refrigerator’s compartment should be at around 37-40 degrees F, and your freezer should be set at 0 degrees F
Close the Door! – A lot of people are guilty of this. Keep looking at the refrigerator every 5 minutes to see if there’s new food to magically appear. This habit can make many of us forget to close the door, causing a lot of problems in the long run. When the door is open, it can make it more difficult for your refrigerator to maintain its proper temperature, causing it to work harder.